To affect deeply or completely, as with emotion.
Fan: I'm your biggest fan! I love all of your books! Ohmigosh Here I knitted a sweater just for you!
Author: I..don't know what to say, I'm overwhelmed..t-thank you! *blushes and puts on sweater immediatly*
04 Tháng năm, 2008
1. The result or outcome of an act or process.
2. To come to a conclusion too quickly, without sufficient thought or evidence.
1. After a tough hour with the math problem, he finally came to a conclusion.
2. "She saw me and her best friend on the couch talking and she jumped to conclusions"
18 Tháng năm, 2008
1. To do something difficult in a determined and confident way.
2. To forcefully attack a difficult situation.
1. Why don't you take the bull by the horns and tell him to leave?
2. I took the bull by the horns and confronted him about his drinking.
Another word for difference.
J: Wow she looks a lot like her sister.
Y: Yea it's hard to differentiate.
(difficult to see the difference)
Tin thường nhật
Vui lòng cho biết email của bạn để nhận
Từ vựng của Urban mỗi sáng nhé!
Địa chỉ firstname.lastname@example.org sẽ gửi thư cho bạn. Chúng tôi cam kết sẽ không để xảy ra tình trạng gửi thư rác vào hộp mail của bạn.