A meme is a funny or ironic kind of joke you remember but you cannot really describe it or tell to anyone unless you share it and other people can understand it.
There's a relative association with the word *meme*, used to describe a cultural phenomena of image macro series related with funny or ironic situations or phrases about almost any popular topic.
* From Greek mythology, derivated from Mneme o Mnemea, refers to the "Memory" itself, which is one of the muses according to "Pausanias".
* Other meanings of this word could be derivated from the Greek language as "Dead Joke" (not funny joke).
- Trollface meme
- Forever Alone meme
- Scumbag Steve meme
- Y U NO Guy meme
- Joseph Ducreux meme
- Kanye West meme
- Dos Equis Man meme
- Hipster Cat meme
- X ALL THE THINGS meme
- Condescending Wonka meme
- Advice animals meme
2. A special word meaning 'trend' or 'fad' that occurs soley on the internet.
Meme was a term coined by Richard Dawkins who, like his religious followers, thought he was coming up with something original when he came up with the word 'Meme', nor recognizing that there were already at least two words in the English language to describe this phenomena. (See above.)
Meme is now currently used almost esclusively within the confines of the second definition given here, to mean a trend or fad on the internet.
And if you really don't know and you are reading this let me be the first to warn you: the internet is a horrible place and I encourage you in all sincerity not to use it for anything more than emails and whatever your work forces you to use it for.
Go live real life and enjoy. You don't want to meet the people on here the internet is a sad indictment on humanity.
Pronounced: "May-May" very quick and concise. maymay.
"YES! EVERYONE KNOWS EVERY MEME AT THIS POINT!"
2) A method to give meaning to otherwise meaningless, pointless lives.
3) Something, ANYTHING, that is on the Internet.