Also frequented by 12-ish year old females that like to express themselves by wearing net-sleeved shirts, black jelly bracelets, and put Happy Bunny patches on their backbacks. Pretty much everyone at my school wears something from there.
Rebellious Teenage Girl: To piss off my upstanding, Christian parents.
"Let's defile the name and meaning of this music which at one time stood for something profound, but which is now merely a fashion statement dominating the list of things daddy needs to buy me for my thirteenth birthday."
"Hey, remember when punk rock meant something? No. Hey, let's give all our money to some twenty-something cokehead who lives with his parents and works in a trendy store which fills the pockets of some fat middle-aged man in a bad suit and a Ferrari."
"Hot Topic: Where slandering the punk scene is cool."
"Hot Topic: We kill punk with designer plaid pants."
"Hot Topic: We sell Clash shirts, even though the Clash would have kicked our asses."
"Hot Topic: Because even Operation Ivy turned into Rancid and then the Transplants, who sell thier songs to a shampoo company"
"Hot Topic: Because AFI used to be a hardcore band, but now are goth gods for eleventeen-year-olds."
Mommy, I have to be punk rock to fit in.
Mommy, the prep look is out. Buy me bondage gear!
Isn't Avril soooooo cool! Buy me a striped tie from Hot Topic!
- technically not a poser store... you have people that shop at hollister in there, people from the hip hop scene shopping in there...
- there is no religious Paraphernalia there... they dont sell anything with crosses, pentagrams, weed/drug symbols on them
- its mainly for people from the age of 16-25
- if you think its over priced, wait till theres a sale or it goes on clearance!
- there is really no happy bunny shit in there anymore... except for room funishings and things for your car... if you want happy bunny stuff... go to claires or icing!
- yeah its true... preps rip off the style... aint lyin there!
- if you say that all the little avril and evanescense fans shop there... in reality they dont! most of the avril fans are scared to go in there!
- honestly there bondage pants are overrated... and the girls bondage pants are too feminen and lacy!
- if you think hot topic is all about black.. you are quite wrong... there is actually alot of color! sure they sell hello kitty and carebears... but thats to appeal to the younger generation
- there really is no good charlotte stuff in there... SO GET OFF IT!
- alot of the styles in there are also influenced by the employees when they go to shows, they have a thing called ticket reimbursement, where they give you your money back for your ticket, and you fill out a paper saying about the different styles you saw there! so for all you people that call hot topic a poser store that love to go to concerts, your actually influencing whats sold in the store!
- pretty much all the stupid rumors that you hear! if ya wanna know about hot topic why dont you go in there and take a look for yourself instead of walking by the store and looking in, and making a quick assumption of the quick glance you took! honestly i hate having people come in my store and say "OH MY GAWD!! THIS A POSER STORE!!" get a fucking life and stop labeling places! cause its just a store that sells clothing! oh and btw im an employee at this so called poser store!
99% of people are faggots about it, and like to assume that only wannabe emo/scene/goth/punk kids shop there. It's become a catch-all phrase to mean "poseur".
In reality, nobody ever walks into that store and sees nothing but clowns trying really hard to be emo/scene/goth/punk, but just normal people.
Half the people who make a big deal about Hot Topic being a poseur store have bought stuff from them in the past anyway, and a lot are probably poseur emo/scene/goth/punk kids trying really hard to convince everyone else they're for real.
In short, Hot Topic is just a store that sells some pretty neat stuff, and everybody who whines about it being for poseurs is a kneejerking dumbass. Oh, but Happy Bunny is really retarded and unfunny, fuck that shit.
Secunda: OMFG *DEFCON 1* THAT IS A STORE FOR POSEURS!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU???? YOU FUCKING FAKE GOTH!!!!!!!!
Prima: Uh, dude, it's just a fucking store. I'm not a fake goth or a regular goth. What are you talking about anyway, I met you in there last month.
Secunda: SHUT UP YOU FUCKING LOSER, I DO NOT SHOP AT STORES WHERE FAKE POSEURS LIKE YOU SHOP.
Insane Person: OMG! You Poseur!