There are multiple meanings for straight-
1. Traditional meaning: Without a bend or curve, evenly formed or set, not crooked.
2. Traditional meaning: Figurative; a) frank, honest, upright, b) right, correct
3. Traditional meaning: in proper order (numeric, chronologic, alphabetic, etc...),
4. Traditional meaning: without interruption or break; continuous, in an unbroken series, without reservations or exceptions,
5. Traditional meaning: unmixed, undiluted (reference to alcohol, or other substances, without qualification, unmodified,
6. Traditional meaning: showing no emotion or humor, serious rather than comic, natural rather than eccentric,
7. Traditional meaning: reliable, sure, authoritative,
8. Traditional meaning: behaving in a conventional manner, holding orthodox views, conventional, standard, normal,
9. Traditional meaning: made up of a set of five cards, as in poker,
10. Slang: term used in agreement, approval,
11. Slang: term used to qualify one's sexual preference,
12. Slang: term used to denote the validity of a statement or claim,
13. Slang: term used to describe a manner of frank communication, i.e.- straight talk,
14. Slang: term used to determine level of understanding, agreement, or otherwise mutual understanding and agreement
Traditionally the word Straight referenced the quality of an object posessing no bends, curves, or twists.
Today the word Straight refers to myriad categories including heterosexuality, commonality of opinion, earnest communication, and level of comprehension.
Prices shown in USD.
Vui lòng cho biết email của bạn để nhận Từ vựng của Urban mỗi sáng nhé!
Địa chỉ firstname.lastname@example.org sẽ gửi thư cho bạn. Chúng tôi cam kết sẽ không để xảy ra tình trạng gửi thư rác vào hộp mail của bạn.